Selecting All-League

Boys High School Competition
Valkyrie
How are you connected to water polo?: Scouting Report

Selecting All-League

Postby Valkyrie » Thu Nov 24, 2016 3:45 am

Let's get the input from our Readers as who should be All-League and MVP.

1) Sunset League

2) Pacific League

3)

Rbpolo0414
How are you connected to water polo?: Fan

Re: Selecting All-League

Postby Rbpolo0414 » Thu Nov 24, 2016 12:33 pm

http://m.ocvarsity.com/ocvarsity/league ... ustin.html

Here is the actual Sunset league team. Couldn't find Pacific Coast. A couple of names on 2nd team surprised me for HB

Valkyrie

Postby Valkyrie » Thu Nov 24, 2016 12:43 pm

Thanks RB... was after the Reader's Poll for all the top leagues such as Sunset, Pacific, Trinity, Southcoast --etc.

I think it some cases it will differ than "coaches" polls as you point out...

Rbpolo0414 wrote:http://m.ocvarsity.com/ocvarsity/league-85727-davidson-austin.html
Here is the actual Sunset league team. Couldn't find Pacific Coast. A couple of names on 2nd team surprised me for HB

2plyBathingSuit
How are you connected to water polo?: I personally played in High School and College.
Love the sport.

Postby 2plyBathingSuit » Thu Nov 24, 2016 2:27 pm

Rbpolo0414 wrote:http://m.ocvarsity.com/ocvarsity/league-85727-davidson-austin.html

Yea..wow. Putting Zaan and Cavano on the first team over EW and Hurst is pretty "amazing".

Valkyrie

Postby Valkyrie » Thu Nov 24, 2016 2:57 pm

Hence, why "the board" should make their own pics based on body of work during high school season. All the personality dynamics between coach and players/parents does not give credit where credit is due.... Si Como No?

2plyBathingSuit wrote:

Yea..wow. Putting Zaan and Cavano on the first team over EW and Hurst is pretty "amazing".

Valkyrie

Postby Valkyrie » Thu Nov 24, 2016 3:23 pm

Interesting for Board to predict MVP's for each league based on body of work and making the odds
almost impossible based on Coaches pics.

2plyBathingSuit wrote:

SwimCoach
How are you connected to water polo?: Fan, Instructor, Lifelong Swimmer

Postby SwimCoach » Thu Nov 24, 2016 5:17 pm

2plyBathingSuit wrote:Yea..wow. Putting Zaan and Cavano on the first team over EW and Hurst is pretty "amazing".

I was thinking the same thing. Would love to know the thinking behind the picks.

Valkyrie

Postby Valkyrie » Thu Nov 24, 2016 8:05 pm

We will see more of that with other leagues. Why I started the thread to get board members to cast their vote for leagues. I'm positive more surprises are coming from Trinity and Pacific League.

SwimCoach wrote:
2plyBathingSuit wrote:Yea..wow. Putting Zaan and Cavano on the first team over EW and Hurst is pretty "amazing".

I was thinking the same thing. Would love to know the thinking behind the picks.

pologuy41
How are you connected to water polo?: Coach

Postby pologuy41 » Fri Nov 25, 2016 2:13 am

For EW, im sure it had to do with him missing so much time at the end of the year. Some coaches put a heavy emphasis on league play when choosing their all league picks, and zaan had a bigger impact during league play.

Valkyrie

Postby Valkyrie » Fri Nov 25, 2016 2:53 am

Zaan missed the first 31 days of the season as did Hurst, Transfer rule. Must be some other dynamic between player(s) and coach.

pologuy41 wrote:For EW, im sure it had to do with him missing so much time at the end of the year. Some coaches put a heavy emphasis on league play when choosing their all league picks, and zaan had a bigger impact during league play.

Valkyrie

Postby Valkyrie » Sun Nov 27, 2016 12:37 pm

Pacific Coast League Will Rodoski MVP. Avital and Moran-Flores were the offensive and defensive standouts all season
Junior Cooper -Honorable Mention, scored the game winner against MD and was a key contributor for CDM.

Valkyrie

Postby Valkyrie » Sat Dec 03, 2016 4:21 pm

Would be great to get the all league selections for Trinity, Pacific, Crestview, Southcoast, as well as Nor. Cal.

rebelpolo
How are you connected to water polo?: Father of two players.

Postby rebelpolo » Sat Dec 03, 2016 8:53 pm

Valkyrie wrote:Pacific Coast League Will Rodoski MVP. Avital and Moran-Flores were the offensive and defensive standouts all season
Junior Cooper -Honorable Mention, scored the game winner against MD and was a key contributor for CDM.

Woodbridge was third in Pacific Coast League:

Goalie received Honorable Mention
Two Freshmen 2nd team
One JR. received 1st Team

Their Senior was hurt a great deal of the season

Valkyrie

Postby Valkyrie » Sun Dec 04, 2016 8:51 pm

Would be great to see the whole Pac league selections as well as Trinity, Southcoast, Crest, etc. Usually in OC Varsity or Daily Plot, but nobody is reporting it.

Valkyrie

Postby Valkyrie » Sun Dec 04, 2016 8:57 pm

Would be great to see the whole Pac league selections as well as Trinity, Southcoast, Crest, etc. Usually in OC Varsity or Daily Plot, but nobody is reporting it.

Return to “High School BOYS”