Zone Tryouts

Southern Pacific, Central CA, Coastal CA, Pacific NW and Hawaii, Pacific Zones
SkipShot

Zone Tryouts

Postby SkipShot » Sun Feb 03, 2008 9:47 pm

When and where are the Coastal California Zone team tryouts? Does anybody know who the coaches will be yet?

Jackrabbit

Girls Zone Tryouts

Postby Jackrabbit » Mon Feb 04, 2008 6:26 pm

SkipShot wrote:When and where are the Coastal California Zone team tryouts? Does anybody know who the coaches will be yet?

I am wondering if our Zone officials will actually let teams and clubs know when tryouts are? Getting information in the past has been difficult. Seems as if the LA Water Polo, Commerce and affiliated programs have the inside track, shutting out other programs.

Tryouts are reportedly March 8th & 9th, according to the calendar. However no other information is provided. Location, Coaches, deadlines, forms, etc...

http://www.coastalcalwp.org/

Just wondering aloud

Jackrabbit

Re: Girls Zone Tryouts

Postby Jackrabbit » Fri Feb 15, 2008 9:27 pm

Jackrabbit wrote:
SkipShot wrote:When and where are the Coastal California Zone team tryouts? Does anybody know who the coaches will be yet?

I am wondering if our Zone officials will actually let teams and clubs know when tryouts are? Getting information in the past has been difficult. Seems as if the LA Water Polo, Commerce and affiliated programs have the inside track, shutting out other programs.

Tryouts are reportedly March 8th & 9th, according to the calendar. However no other information is provided. Location, Coaches, deadlines, forms, etc...

http://www.coastalcalwp.org/

Just wondering aloud

Two emails to Kai, ....... neither answered.

If anyone has information it would be appreciated.

polopony

Postby polopony » Sat Feb 16, 2008 9:24 pm

How can they hold a try out for a tournament that has already started would be my first question. According to the Regulations the 30 man roster for D1 has to be finalized and turned in by 1:00 pm on the 23rd...the try out runs from 9 until 5 on the 23rd, just very bad planning all round. Also for the last tournament 13 Stanford(and they only have 17 players total who are eligable) and 12 Cal players competed on the two Northern Cal. National Zone teams, whats up with that.

Jackrabbit

Postby Jackrabbit » Sat Feb 16, 2008 10:34 pm

polopony wrote:How can they hold a try out for a tournament that has already started would be my first question. According to the Regulations the 30 man roster for D1 has to be finalized and turned in by 1:00 pm on the 23rd...the try out runs from 9 until 5 on the 23rd, just very bad planning all round. Also for the last tournament 13 Stanford(and they only have 17 players total who are eligable) and 12 Cal players competed on the two Northern Cal. National Zone teams, whats up with that.

I am interested in the youth and cadet teams.

You are correct in regard to boys, they have begun. The girls are scheduled for March 8th & 9th.

poloshark

Postby poloshark » Mon Feb 18, 2008 3:02 pm

Remember, they have changed the names to Juinor National(the old youth) and Youth(the old cadet).

Rumor has it at cerritos college, but we will see.

Return to “USAWP Zones: California and West Coast”